QImaging® Introduces New OEM Camera Platform and Web Portal for Biomedical Instrumentation Builders
Delivering Performance with New High Quality OEM Series Cameras and Dedicated OEM Product Development Website
Surrey, B.C., July 16, 2015 - QImaging, a manufacturer of scientific cameras for life science and OEM applications, launched a new QI OEM camera platform designed specifically to enhance instrument sensitivity and throughput with superior linearity, range and image quality, at an affordable price. Additionally, QImaging has partnered with Photometrics® to launch an online OEM product development website for biomedical instrumentation builders. This new portal combines the best OEM products and services from QImaging, known for cost effective design, and Photometrics, a leading high performance imaging company.
The new QImaging QI674, QI695 and QI825 cameras offer state-of-the-art, highly efficient CCD sensor technology, full flexibility over image readout patterns and signal binning along with deep cooling that virtually eliminates dark current noise. These innovations positively impact instrument design by improving sample limits of detection and improved quantification, providing better information from every sample.
Coinciding with the debut of the QI OEM camera series is the introduction of oemimaging.com, a dedicated online resource created for OEM customers who are engaged in camera integration across a wide range of application areas. By combining QImaging and Photometrics’ resources, customers have access to decades of OEM experience and imaging expertise. Cameras like the QI674, QI695 and QI825 add to the robust technology portfolio now showcased on oemimaging.com and present solutions for all phases of device development.
“Instrument designers have traditionally considered high-quality scientific cameras only relevant for very expensive products,” said Steven Smith, product manager at QImaging. “We are thrilled to eliminate that barrier with the launch of the QI OEM series cameras. These new imaging instruments expand our comprehensive range of solutions for our customers who also now have a dedicated product development website to manage their projects at oemimaging.com.”
The new QI OEM series cameras include:
- Extreme Low Light Imaging: Increased exposure time and binning enables detection of the faintest signals with deep sensor cooling of less than 2e-/pixel/hour.
- Rapid Find and Focus: 50MHz two port readout simplifies finding and focusing on samples, while the ultra-low noise 725 KHz readout reduces electronic noise to negligible levels.
- Intelligent Quantification™: A set of on camera intelligence features that correct defective pixels, remove accumulated dark current and greatly extend dynamic range beyond 16 bits, employing advanced real-time FPGA algorithms to deliver better image quality.
- Superior Image Capture Technology: Advanced anti-blooming, two-shot EDR (extended dynamic range) and HDR (high dynamic range) extend dynamic range by using separate exposures to capture the brightest and weakest signals in the sample.
- Customization and Flexibility: Customer customization of mechanicals, sensors, algorithms and testing protocols ensure that investment in the QI platform pays for decades.
QImaging has supported OEM customers since 1999 with its ability to design compact, versatile and cost-efficient cameras. The company has established alliances with numerous third-party software, sensor companies and system integrators which enables the ability to support a wide range of industrial, machine vision and OEM customers. QImaging maintains a state of the art, world class manufacturing facility and is a registered ISO 9001:2008 company. Its headquarters are in Surrey, British Colombia. Additional information is available at www.qimaging.com.
Founded in 1978, Photometrics has a breadth of knowledge and expertise in the design and manufacture of high-performance scientific cameras. The original architect of the world’s first scientific-grade microscopy EMCCD camera, Photometrics provides cutting edge, sophisticated imaging solutions to the life science market. Its comprehensive OEM support includes dedicated expertise through the entire product design and manufacturing process. Photometrics is a registered ISO 9001:2008 company and headquartered in Tucson, Arizona in the United States. Additional information is available at www.photometrics.com.
Copyright © 2015, QImaging. All rights reserved. QImaging, the QImaging logo and Photometrics are registered trademarks. All other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.